608 Vets, part of Linnaeus Veterinary Limited, offers a range of high-quality veterinary services for small animals via three branches situated around the Solihull area in the West Midlands.
At 608, our team works hard to provide friendly, knowledgeable support to pet owners, while maintaining the very highest levels of patient care and client service.
We acknowledge that our operations have an effect on the environment and have identified key areas that contribute to our environmental and carbon footprint:
- consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- use of anaesthetic gases
- waste generation
- transport emissions
- use of raw materials, including materials and medications
- procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
608 are committed to reducing their environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme. Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- minimising unsustainable transport use
- take part in an additional project that will benefit the environment and our community
- working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and trasnportation
- publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Envrionment (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Nicola Eden is our Sustainability Lead, and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
Roshni Hothi will make this policy available when requested to interested parties including members of the public, including making a copy available on the group website.
Name: Nicola Eden
Position: Investors in the Environment Lead for 608 Vets
Signed: N Eden
Name: Roshni Hothi
Position: Lead Clinical Director for 608 Vets
Signed: R Hothi